Every day I hear from women just like you who are struggling to solve the mystery of their metabolism.
Let me tell you about a beautiful woman who recently came to me for help….
I desperately need to lose 10kgs. Nothing I do is working.
I was in great shape before my second baby. Now my butt is beginning to sag and the cellulite is getting worse.
The harder I try the more weight I gain, especially around my tummy and I feel bloated all the time.
I eat healthy and train five times a week but I always feel tired.
I’m ashamed to admit I often give in and have a glass of wine at night to make myself feel better.
I’m afraid all the fad diets I’ve tried, the weight loss roller coaster, the HCG drops and other things have really messed up my metabolism. Not to mention I think I’m peri-menopausal!!!
My heart goes out to this woman.
Today if you’re feeling like her my message is please don’t give up.
I’m going to share seven simple truths to boosting your metabolism and burning more body fat – no matter what your age, body type or fitness level.
The problem isn’t your metabolism – it’s misinformation overload.
You want answers but where do you start? And whom do you trust?
You’re wise to ask these questions….
Did you know that despite our obsession with diets and working out, most fitness professionals cannot correctly answer the question of where body fat goes when people lose weight?!
(I’ll be sharing the fascinating answer to this important question and it’s very important to you so keep reading…).
You are about to discover the techniques that thousands of women on my Get Lean Program have successfully used to achieve their dream body.
So relax, put aside all distractions and fully concentrate on what I am about to share.
Deeply absorb these truths so you can effortlessly remember and apply them so you can see the results you’ve always wanted.
Here’s my first tip:
Most of the women that come to me for help genuinely want to change. And they want to avoid mistakes of the past. But they feel discouraged, frustrated, exhausted and like giving up.
The more they read the more confused they feel.
They don’t understand why what they used to do isn’t working anymore…
So in desperation they’re tempted to try fad diets, risky supplements or extreme training programs.
This is understandable but there is a better way.
Today I’m going to share how you can:
- Easily boost your metabolic rate with a few simple and safe commonsense tips.
- Create highly effective and efficient fat burning workouts.
- Start sculpting lean, calorie-burning muscle.
This works for any woman no matter your age, starting point or body type.
Why Listen To Me?
I help thousands of women around the world transform their bodies.
But I wasn’t always in great shape.
For most of my life I was chubby, embarrassingly unfit and riddled with cellulite.
I’m not like most of the fitness and weight loss gurus you see – who have been in great shape all their life…It wasn’t until after my traumatic divorce in my early 40’s that I began exercising and eating right.
Then at the age of 44 I was approached to appear in various magazines as an inspirational fitness model.
I didn’t achieve this dramatic transformation by following what everyone else was doing or using a fad diet or crazy workout program.
The female body is unique and many of the traditional training methods and diets do not get great results, especially into your late 30’s and beyond – and especially when your hormones start changing.
It isn’t as hard, or as difficult, or as elusive as you might be feeling it is right now.
► Even if you’re fed up with gaining weight no matter what you do…
► Even if you’re frustrated with stubborn belly, hip and thigh fat…
► Even if you’re worried about lack of muscle tone and sagging…
► Even if you feel constantly tired despite 8 hours sleep…
► Even if you’re concerned about odd joint pains…
► AND even if you’re experiencing hormonal ups and downs that leave you wrung out like a wet rag…
You Can Turn Everything Around!
Maybe like many women you’ve probably wondered…
If your metabolism feels like a riddle that can’t be solved no matter how hard you try, here are the answers.
What is “Metabolism”?
“Metabolism” is how our body converts the food we eat into the energy we need.
Must Know: For optimal health and a lean body it’s vital to eat nutrient dense foods that supply the right balance of carbs, proteins and fats.
What Influences My Metabolism?
What causes our metabolism to slow down or speed up? The truth is we do have significant control over several key factors.
Must Know: The most effective way to boost your fat burning metabolism is to increase your lean muscle mass through exercise (see the 7 Steps to Leaner Body below).
Where Does The Fat Go When I Lose Weight?
If you can’t answer this question you’re not alone!
Most doctors, dieticians and personal trainers believe the fat is converted into energy or heat. The correct answer is that most of it is breathed out as carbon dioxide and goes into the air.
How To Master Your Fat Burning Metabolism
The truth is you do have control over your metabolism and you don’t have to be victim to it anymore.
You can lose weight, feel great about yourself again and get the body you want and deserve.
7 Steps To A Leaner Body
1. Avoid Eating Extremes
So you can easily achieve and maintain your ideal weight.
- It’s tempting to try fad diets or calorie deprivation when trying to lose weight. But this causes your metabolism to adapt and slow down. Eventually you’ll reach a plateau and be at risk of rebound weight gain.
- It’s always better to eat a wide range of healthy, nutrient dense foods in moderate portion sizes. This way you can lose weight and keep it off long term.
2. Eat More Thermogenic Foods
So your digestive system burns more calories.
- Some foods burn more calories than others. Protein requires the most energy to digest so eat plenty of protein-rich foods. It’s also the most satiating (satisfying) food type so helps to prevent overeating and post-meal cravings.
- Adding spices to your cooking (capsaicin, black pepper, turmeric, ginger, cardamom, cumin and cinnamon) will help boost your digestive metabolism.
- It’s always good to kick-start your morning metabolism with a small fat burning breakfast of protein, healthy Omega-3 fats and complex carbohydrates.
3. Stay Hydrated
So you can easily reduce hunger and boost your metabolism.
- Hydration increases cell metabolism to aid fat burning. Did you know that our sense of thirst declines with age? Don’t just depend on how thirsty you are; try to drink 8 glasses of water a day.
- Drinking water before eating helps us to feel more satisfied with less food. Drinking cooler water causes our metabolism to work harder and faster.
4. Go Easy On The Alcohol
So you can avoid fat storing toxins.
- Alcohol slows down our digestion and metabolism. It makes us more prone to storing excess calories as body fat, especially when eating high carb and high fat foods.
- Alcohol also raises cortisol levels, which increases weight gain especially around the tummy.
- Our ability to metabolize alcohol declines with age, which means the adverse effects increase.
5. Raise Your Exercise Respiration Rate
So you can boost your fat metabolism.
- Exercise makes us breath faster to get more oxygen and remove carbon dioxide (CO2). Because respiration is the primary way fat is removed this also helps to facilitate fat burning.
- You need to do workouts that elevate your heart rate, increase core temperature (make you sweat) and get you breathing faster.
- By incorporating diaphragmatic (deep) breathing during exercise you can boost these fat-burning benefits. Diaphragmatic breathing maximizes the amount of oxygen inhaled and CO2 exhaled. It also helps to activate your core muscles and reduce the stress response (fat storing cortisol).
6. Build Lean Body Mass
So you can effortlessly burn more calories at rest.
- When you have strong muscles your resting metabolic rate goes up. You also burn more calories in the hours and days post-exercise.
- The best workouts for women are those that create strong, lean muscles. Running or steady state cardio (same-slow-pace), gym machines or old school weight training are not ideal and can be counter productive.
- Instead do female specific exercises that use the full range of motion, challenge your balance (stabilizing muscles) and include static muscle contraction (isometrics) like those I’ve included in my Get Lean Program.
7. Train Smarter Not Harder
So you can easily stay in fat burning mode.
- Working out harder doesn’t always mean you’ll lose more weight. Pushing your body too hard increases cortisol levels making your body to go into fat storing mode. Overtraining can lead to increased water retention, digestive issues and inflammation that slows down recovery and increases the risk of injury.
- Especially into our late 30’s and beyond we need to train smarter. Our workouts should be shorter but more intense. Instead of heavy weight training or long cardio sessions which stress the joints, ligaments and tendons we need to use specialized exercise techniques. These techniques stimulate muscle density so you can firm trouble zones like the inner and outer thigh, butt, lower tummy and back of the arms.
Now, well done on reading this far!
Not many women take the time to educate themselves the way you have today.
You’ve digested (pun intended) a lot of powerful information.
You’ve discovered what metabolism really means and how through a few simple changes you can dramatically improve your fat burning to easily start losing weight.
You may be feeling hopeful or even excited that you can finally get the body you’ve always wanted…like newbie Get Leaner Yvette was just a few weeks ago:
Right now, you may be wondering if Get Lean is right for YOU.
I understand it’s hard to know who to trust when there’s so much confusing information online. Especially if you’ve tried odd diets, extreme workouts and crazy supplements that didn’t work. It wears you down and you feel like giving up.
Please don’t give up!
Reading this article has already created a powerful shift that will make achieving your weight loss goals a lot easier.
Clearly, you do have control over your metabolism and you can lose weight and feel great about yourself again.
The easiest way to get started is also the simplest:
- You will have a way of eating and exercising that makes it easier to achieve and maintain your ideal weight longterm (without the stress).
- You will reset your metabolism to burn more body fat at rest.
- You will transform your body into a calorie-burning machine.
- You will burn more fat post-exercise so you can see your body losing weight while gaining muscle definition.
- You will finally see the body and have the energy you deserve.
You have two choices.
You can take the information in this valuable article and start applying it yourself…and you will see some progress, or you can get started quickly and easily and guarantee your results by joining my Get Lean Program.
Get Lean is perfect for you if:
- You’re a Mom, wife and career woman that feels stressed, short on time and finds it hard to get organized.
- What you’ve been doing isn’t working anymore or you feel stuck in a rut.
- Feel confused about what to eat and when – even though you may already eat well.
- Don’t mind exercising but not sure what’s right for you and how often you should be doing it.
I would love you to join Get Lean now so you too can discover your dream body.
Just think how much easier it will be when you have a proven plan to follow. You’ll be amazed how fast things start to change once your eating and exercise is on track.
Today you’ve discovered the truth that you don’t have to be victim to your metabolism anymore.
Long after you’ve finished reading this article you will remember what I’ve shared.
I would love to hear from you!
P.S. If you’d like a proven plan that’s easy to follow then please check out my Get Lean Program. It takes you by the hand and walks you step by step to losing weight, getting rid of cellulite and building lean, body-toning muscle — in a healthy and sustainable way. You deserve the best that life has to offer and I’m here to help you make it happen.
- Smith, J., & McNaughton, L. (1993). The effects of intensity of exercise on excess post-exercise oxygen consumption and energy expenditure in moderately trained men and women. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 67, 420-425